Can You Pass a Fire Safety Knowledge Test? | SERVPRO® of North Kenosha County
Can You Pass a Fire Safety Knowledge Test? | SERVPRO® of North Kenosha County - SERVPRO OF NORTH KENOSHA COUNTY Blog
If you’re like most homeowners, you want to do everything you can to protect your investment, your family heirlooms, and, most importantly, the members of your family.
House fires caused by unpredictable natural disasters or certain appliance and heating system failures can’t always be prevented. But many of the most common house fire culprits can be prevented by taking extra safety measures and doing regular, basic maintenance on your home.
See How Much You Know About Fire Safety
How you answer these questions can let you know how well you’re managing your home’s fire safety risk. They can also help guide you toward lowering your fire risk.
Do you know what a natural gas leak smells like? Natural gas has a distinctive smell, like rotten eggs, and it’s the main sign you’ll likely notice if there’s a gas leak in your home. If you smell it, then it’s best to shut off the gas immediately.
Do you know how to stop a grease fire? Grease fires can happen in any home. A fire extinguisher is the best way to put out a grease fire. If you don’t have one handy, baking soda or a metal pan lid or a cookie sheet can help you put out the fire. Experts recommend buying and learning to use a fire extinguisher if there isn’t one in your home.
Do you clean the ashes and debris from your fireplace Dirty, clogged fireplaces with old ashes are a fire hazard. Instead, be sure you’re cleaning your fireplace and that you’re disposing of the ashes correctly.
If your home is damaged due to a fire or any other cause, you can always count on us for restoration assistance. We have crews who are available 24⁄7 in the event of an emergency. Contact us at any time to learn more about our restoration services and how we can help your family.